Through careful planning and preparation, we aim to ensure, through a teaching for mastery approach, that throughout the school children are given opportunities for:
- practical activities and mathematical games
- reasoning and problem solving
- individual, group and whole class discussions and activities
- open and closed tasks
- development of a range of mental and formal methods and strategies
- Underpinned by accurate fluency and a deep understanding of number
Through our curriculum approach, we also seek to explore and utilise further opportunities to use and apply mathematics across all subject areas and see mathematical themes and concepts covered in real life situations.
Through our mastery approach we ensure that all children have opportunities for fluency, reasoning and problem solving and know that all children.